Concert tickets do not cover the cost of public concerts and in addition we aim to put on outreach events with our musicians such as school visits to provide musical enrichment, occasional masterclasses for individual musicians and small concerts for local people who cannot attend our main concerts (these have been in individual homes and in local residential care homes). Please consider donating to support our work.
Other ways you can you help us ...
There are lots of ways you can help us to support the concert series. Please use the contact form if you can help or have any other suggestions.
- Can you help to distribute a few brochures to friends and neighbours? It is our experience that word of mouth is the best way to share information in the Dales but with only a handful of people distributing brochures it is very difficult to reach large numbers of people. If you can help in your village to distribute brochures to friends and neighbours, local shops, pubs, guest houses and hotels etc. and also chat to friends about our concerts if would help us enormously.
- Can you help at concerts in practical ways eg. helping with guiding people to seats etc.?
Ticket prices do not cover the expense of putting on a concert - we invite professional musicians who need to be paid, we also need to pay for travelling expenses, venue hire, heating, piano tuner etc. as well as publicity costs. You can help by:
- buying tickets in advance to give us financial security - especially for concerts in smaller venues.
- becoming a friend of the concert series by making a donation above and including a gift aid if you are a UK tax payer.
- sponsoring an event. We have been very lucky that a number of generous individuals have sponsored events over the last couple of years - without their support we would not have been able to continue. If you are interested in sponsoring an event please contact us using the contact form or speak to Carol Haynes or Liz Sowter after a concert.
As a community based concert series we would like to establish contacts with local businesses with opportunities for mutual support though event sponsorship, advertising opportunities in concert programmes and acknowledgment via our website and at concerts. If you represent a local business who would like to work with us please contact us via our contact form.